- 6 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled acorn squash (about 2 medium squash)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups (about 5 ounces) coarsely chopped trimmed kale
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 cups hot cooked penne
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Place squash in a casserole dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave 7 minutes on HIGH or until tender.
2. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add kale and broth; cover. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4.Uncover; cook 1 minute. Stir in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
5. Stir in squash and pasta, tossing gently. Sprinkle with cheese.